COVID-19 Testing Clinic
What You Need to Know
The Testing Clinic is open daily with service limited to patients 6 months of age and older who qualify for testing per current Ontario Health definitions. Please visit COVID-19 test and testing location information | COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Ontario to ascertain if you qualify for testing.
The Testing Clinic uses a Buccal/Nasal technique which collects a specimen from both cheek pockets and both nostrils. Most patients find this quite comfortable. ID Now Rapid Molecular Testing and PCR Testing are available at the Clinic as appropriate.
The Clinic is operated by Almonte General Hospital and Carleton Place & District Memorial Hospital in partnership with the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit (LGLDHU).
Location and Hours of Operation
- Almonte General Hospital, 75 Spring Street in the Octagon Room. Curbside parking is available. There is COVID Testing Clinic signage to direct patients. Please note that there is no access to Almonte General Hospital from this area.
- Regular hours: Monday to Friday: 8am - 11am
- Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
Who Can Be Tested?
NOTE: This is a Testing Clinic. If you require assessment, please call your physician/nurse practitioner or visit COVID-19 testing locations (ontario.ca) and apply the Clinical Assessment Centre filter to find a site and book an appointment. If your symptoms warrant, please go to your nearest emergency department/call 911.
How to Book an Appointment?
- ONLINE: Health Myself Patient Portal
- CALL: 613-325-1208: Messages retrieved during clinic hours with call back to ascertain eligibility and book an appointment time
- WALK-IN: Within clinic capacity. Please ensure you meet eligibility before coming.
NOTE: To CANCEL a booked appointment, please email email@example.com. Please include your name, date of birth, health card number and the date of appointment in your email contact.
How do I get my test results?
If you have a current Ontario Health Card, please go to the Provincial online portal to access your COVID-19 lab test results. Find the self-serve portal here.
- For ID Now Rapid Molecular testing, results will be available through the Provincial portal same day.
- For PCR testing, results will be available through the Provincial portal in1-5 days after you are tested. If it has been OVER 5 days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, 98% of results, provincially, are back within 48 hours.
- If you have a red/white health card or live outside of Ontario, please email email@example.com. Include your name, date of birth, health card number, and the date of your test in the email content.
- Of note, ALL Positive Tests will be followed up by the Health Unit.
- Watch a video about how COVID-19 tests are processed. Thank you to our EORLA colleagues for all that you are doing.
- Visit the Health Unit website at www.healthunit.org
- Call the Health Unit at 1-800-660-5853 or your local health unit. COVID
- Vaccination through LGL Public Health via pre-booked appointments. Also available through Pharmacies and Primary Care.