Carleton Place & District Memorial Hospital (CPDMH) was opened in 1955 to serve the residents of Carleton Place and surrounding communities - and as a memorial to the lives lost, and the veterans who served in World War I and II.
The hospital serves a large catchment located in the northern portion of Lanark county and adjacent to the western boundary of Ottawa. Combined, the communities primarily served by the Carleton Place Hospital, namely Carleton Place, Beckwith Township and parts of Mississippi Mills and West Ottawa represent a total population in excess of 25,000.
Sixty Years of Caring ... and we're just getting started!
CPDMH officially opened on February 12, 1955. We will be celebrating this special milestone throughout the year and invite our local communities to join us.
Mark your calendars for The CPDMH Family Day set for May 30th from 11 to 2 at Beckwith Recreation Complex. There will be fun for the whole family - complete with health displays, demos, kids' events, a Teddy Bear Hospital, skating, a BBQ and much more. Watch for all the details.
And join us on June 3rd from 11 to 2 for a 60th Birhday BBQ in front of the hospital. Enjoy lunch and a celebration cake made right on the grill! Thanks to The Beckwith Butcher and TRAEGER Canada for sponsoring this event.
Keeping Health Care Options Open for Our Communities -
CPDMH is here to stay!
The CPDMH continues to work closely with the Ministry of Health to identify options for ensuring the very best care close to home for local communities. Currently, the options being explored include a brand new hospital as well as upgrades to the current site, including a brand new Emergency Department. We know that a local hospital is a key component of any vibrant community and we are committed to working with the Ministry to find the best solutions within available funding. We are also committed to keeping our communities informed regarding the latest developments.
Learn about CPDMH's latest submission to the Ministry of Health.
Read our Redevelopment Q&A.